[Users] Latest git version build failure - errors shown in the message body

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Feb 24 16:12:42 UTC 2023

On Fri, 24 Feb 2023 14:32:47 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> > not sure what the libsoup-gnome errors are about:
>
> libsoup-gnome is no longer part of Fedora. Your system probably has
> it left over from a previous Fedora version and the dist upgrade did
> not remove it.

I don't have a libsoup-gnome package, but if I look at the header file
mentioned in the errors I get this:

rpm -qf /usr/include/libsoup-gnome-2.4/libsoup/soup-cookie-jar-sqlite.h

libsoup-devel-2.74.3-1.fc37.x86_64

So it's part of the libsoup packages, which also includes libsoup3 as
well as version 2.

In any case git47 has just built and installed correctly.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde