[Users] Some Messages Not Being Filtered

Chris Schrauben chrisretusn at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 10:45:26 UTC 2023

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 10:12:07 +0600
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 11:53:05 +0800
> Chris Schrauben via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > I have 10 POP3 Accounts, 1 Local account. The are 116 filters. ...
> >
> > The problem is several messages are ending up in Unsure that should
> > have been filtered. I have looked at the filter log. These emails
> > are not listed in the log. ...
> >
> > If I use "Skip these Rules" "Filter all messages in folder" or
> > "Filter selected messages" to the missed messages, the messages are
> > properly filtered.
> >
> > I'm out of ideas.
> >
> DM: Hi, Chris. I have very limited experience with filters, but I
> would probably start by looking at the following two things: 1)
> ordering of the filters; and 2) key differences between messages that
> are not properly filtered and those that are. (I realize you may have
> already thoroughly looked into both of those.) ---Dustin
I have looked at both these. At first I thought is was messages from
the same account, but it's not, more that one account is involved. That
said, thinking hat on... will the are not from the same account, they
are from different Yahoo accounts. How this would cause this is beyond
me, all of the affect messages trigger using the "From:" header.