[Users] Some Messages Not Being Filtered

Chris Schrauben chrisretusn at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 03:53:05 UTC 2023

Hi,

I have 10 POP3 Accounts, 1 Local account. The are 116 filters.
The first filter handles incoming messages for the Local account, moving
them to "Local" subfolder of Inbox. The second filter processes
incoming emails for one specific account moving those messages to
it's respective MH Mail Box Inbox. The last two filters are catch all.
One filters off of X-Bogosity Unsure the other off X-Bogosity Spam and
moves messages to the respective Unsure or Spam folder. All of the
rest of the filters in between move messages to various subfolders of
a folder called Saved.

The problem is several messages are ending up in Unsure that should
have been filtered. I have looked at the filter log. These emails are
not listed in the log. For example this morning I received a total of
18 messages, of those 3 were not filtered, they are not listed in
filter.log at all. All three of these messages use the same filter.
There were 4 messages that met the criteria of this filter, one message
was correctly filtered. It not always the same filter, yesterday, there
was two filters involved one was the same as today's, 24 messages
should have been applied, only 11 were filtered, 13 were not. The other
filter was based on an address book, 4 messages received, 2 filtered 2
not filters. In all case of not filtered, these messages are not in
filter.log

If I use "Skip these Rules" "Filter all messages in folder" or "Filter
selected messages" to the missed messages, the messages are properly
filtered.

I'm out of ideas.

Thanks Chris