[Users] Thunderbird vs Claws Mail

Alain Coulais alain.coulais at obspm.fr
Wed Aug 16 21:58:34 UTC 2023

Le Tue, 15 Aug 2023 10:16:53 -0700,
Peter Ehlert <pb21a at sdi-baja.com> a écrit :

> I am a long time user of Thunderbird. No real complaints, but the GUI
> has slowly been changed.
> lately I have been struggling with that, trying to get it to be My Way.
> Minor success.
>
> also the .msf files have gotten Huge and that hinders rapid and easy
> backups.
>
> In the process I would like to do some housekeeping, fix a few filters
> and rearrange my copious folders.
>
> Question: do you folks recommend migrating to Claws Mail?
> the initial look and feel seems to be familiar and comfortable, but I
> know little of the history and stability.
>
> secondly, will I be missing the basic features such as Filters?
>
> thanks in advance.

Hi,

As a basic end-user of Claws Mail for about a decade, on Linux
I am quite surprise that most of the exchange is off topic
(multi post)

Yes I am super happy with Claws Mail : reliable & fast.

The context : several accounts (at least 7 actives),
about 20 Gb of mails,  80 k mails in the inbox of the main account,
hundreds of sub-dirs, and always super fast and stable.

Perfectly fulfills my wishes.

Yes, I noticed very few "bugs" difficult to explain :
 - as reported recently, no icons for few mails with attachment
(I suspect the message don't conform to the standard)
 - a problem with the scrolling, apparently when I read PDF
with the add-on but not sure

Thanks to all the contributors & devs

best regards

Alain

PS: OK, even better than xfmail (private joke)