[Users] Thunderbird vs Claws Mail

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Aug 15 18:35:21 UTC 2023

On 16/8/23 01:29, Marco wrote:
> Please don't post to the debian-users and Claws mail lists at the same
> time.
I believe that posting the message to both lists, was appropriate; one
to the operating system users mailing list, to find how people on the
operating system mailing list, regard the comparison, and, one to the
application (claws mail) mailing list, being the application to which
the person is considering switching, to find whether the sought
functionality is available, in the prospective, new (for the poster),
application.

In posting to this mailing list, the original poster has already found
one of the advantages of claws mail; claws mail has an official users
mailing list for support, which Thunderbird does not. Thunderbird has
unofficial users' mailing lists (hosted at groups.io), which, from what
I understand, do not involve the Thunderbird developers (the Thunderbird
developers do not want to be involved in users' mailing lists, to
provide support, whereas, from what I understand, Paul, that provides
this list, is the developer of claws mail (although, I may be mistaken,
in perceiving that he is the only developer of claws mail - perhaps, he
could clarify that).

So, as a subscriber to both lists, and, a user of both claws mail and
Thunderbird, and, a subscriber, also, to the more applicable (to me)
Thunderbird users mailing list, I believe the posting of the query to
both the Debian users mailing list, and, to this mailing list, is
appropriate. I do realise that the List Administrator of this list, may
disagree with me - I speak only for myself.

..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia