[Users] Users Digest, Vol 139, Issue 34

Manfred Schmitt claws at slashproc.org
Thu Apr 6 19:08:46 UTC 2023

Paul wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Apr 2023 18:32:53 +0200
> Manfred Schmitt <claws at slashproc.org> wrote:
>
> > Afair there were some backwards incompatible configuration changes atleast
> > between the 3.x and 4.x claws-mail versions.
>
> No, there are no incompatible changes between 3.x.x and 4.x.x versions. The
> only difference is the version of GTK that is required.
>
> For configuration version changes consult this page:
> https://claws-mail.org/cvc.php

Hm, if I'm upgrading to Claws-Maikl 4, currently 4.1.1-2~bpo11+1 in Debian
Stable Backports, config_version will be set to 3 in a few files after first start, no?
But now I decide that I do not like the version for whatever reason and downgrade
to 3.17.8-1+b1 from Debian  Stable again.
Will this be no  problem or do I have  to, atleast, edit the config_version back to 2?
If the ladder I would call it backwards incompatible, even if this does not include
real settings, only a "meta data setting".
Or why are there hints for manual downgrade mentioned (e.g. autocheck_interval
before 3.14)  if there are no backwards incompatible changes?

No offense meant, it's OK if there are sometimes changes in config files, we all (should)
have backups  ;-)

Bye,
Manfred