[Users] Fw: [Reminder] Migrate your OAuth out-of-band flow to an alternative method before Oct. 3, 2022

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 22:49:05 CEST 2022

>From: sgeneris at comcast.net
>To: "CLAWS list" <users at lists.claws-mail.org>
>Subject: [Users] Fw: [Reminder] Migrate your OAuth out-of-band flow to
>	an alternative method before Oct. 3, 2022
>
>To who understand this:
>
>Am I supposed to do anything about this?
>
>Thanx.

This is addressed in the current git version (
https://git.claws-mail.org/ ). The updated code will be in the next
release, but you could download the git version now if needed.

If you can't recompile a new version switch the application to
"Testing" status on your Google Developer account.

This has been caused by a change at the Google end. I'm not sure at the
moment whether there will be any immediate effect (such as blocking your
email access), or whether it will only affect you if/when you need to
sign into Google to re-authorise the application to access your email. I
suspect it's the latter which will give you a little more time to get
the next release rather than the git version, but no promises!