[Users] Upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 and now cannot start claws-mail.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Sep 26 22:43:04 CEST 2022

I'm bewildered (and getting desperate!).  The dependencies that seem to be missing --- the gdk-pixbuf stuff --- are not present on other people's systems, but claws-mail works on those systems.

Why is claws-mail asking for the pixbuf stuff on my system?  Also, since I have just installed (upgraded to) a brand new version of Ubuntu (22.04) how could things get broken?  I realise that I am asking impossible questions here.  There's no way for anyone to know the answers.  Sorry.   But as I say, I'm desperate.