[Users] Lock mail 'unread' status ?

mi codejodler at gmx.ch
Sun Sep 18 20:41:40 UTC 2022

Hello Brad,

Thank you for your ideas ! I checked the 'mark' feature and yes, it could be a workaround. My folder icons are small though and with a large folder tree, i would not see clearly if one small icon got changed  The 'unread' feature however changes the folder name to bold font, which is quite better visible.

When looking into your suggestion, i also discovered the tags feature and i came up with another workaround. You could do this with the 'mark' flag or with a specific tag, i went with my 'X' tag because it adds even more visibility for my bad eyes ...

1. 	Create a tag like "X" and enable tags in the message list columns
2. 	Create processing rule: tag matches "X" -> mark_as_unread
3. 	Configure folder properties to run processing at startup

Now when i tag a message with "X" it will be marked 'unread' again at next startup, and the folder name is highlighted in bold font.