[Users] Lock mail 'unread' status ?

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Sun Sep 18 15:33:10 UTC 2022

On Sun, 18 Sep 2022 14:47:53 +0200
mi <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

Hello mi,

>I've tried 'mark as unread' then 'lock' but it still switches to status
>'read' when i'm opening the mail (watching the mail text).

As you've discovered, lock and 'mark as (un)read' are independent of each
other.  In reality, all the 'lock' does is stop the message being
accidentally deleted, not lock the message status (seen, read, unread,
etc.)

What may be useful is to click in the 'Mark' column (the one with a
tick/check symbol) column on each message you wish to mark as "requires
action".  Additionally, you can lock the messages, if you wish.  The tick
mark has the advantage that a mark is also placed on the icon of any
folder in the folder list where a ticked message exists.  Thus, you can
see which folders have messages that require action.

Another option would be to highlight each message with a colour (Message
menu, Colour label [some have keyboard shortcuts]) so that they're
easily visible.  This can be done in addition to the above check-marking
method, of course.

--
 Regards  _
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"