[Users] TLS version(s) used in Claws Mail

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Mon Sep 12 18:21:54 UTC 2022

Dňa 12. septembra 2022 17:53:46 UTC používateľ Edward <epp at caramail.com> napísal:

>After installing gnutls (3.16.5) on the host OS, the above command
>showed TLS 1.3. In the VirtualBox, the same command does not work with
>gnutls 3.7.7 installed.

Interesting, even 3.6.7 is able to negotiate TLS 1.3 for me...

There can be more reasons why gnutls-cli (or TLS in general) will reject/fail
TLS handshake. Best will be to provide exact output (of failing connection).
But be aware, that TLS clients often does not provides enough details in its
output to properly identify all TLS problems (but sometime does).

Ideally, if you can, provide your IMAP server name, to we can try it itself by other
tools, even ancient...

regards

--
Slavko