[Users] TLS version(s) used in Claws Mail

Edward epp at caramail.com
Mon Sep 12 17:48:10 UTC 2022

On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 16:42:31 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 16:10:30 -0000
> Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > The default GnuTLS priority value is "NORMAL:-VERS-SSL3.0".
>
> A small correction, "NORMAL:-VERS-SSL3.0" is default for versions of
> GnuTLS < 3.4, otherwise the default is "NORMAL".
>
> Some potentially useful info here:
> https://gnutls.org/manual/html_node/Priority-Strings.html#tab_003aprio_002dkeywords
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Thanks for the info.

I am also running other Linux OS's in VirtualBoxes. The installed
gnutls version in the one I use the most, is 3.7.7.

Yet I discovered on the host OS, gnutls wasn't installed at all. The
latest version there is 3.16.5, so I just installed it. Most e-mail
headers I've seen, do not indicate which TLS version is used when the
client connects to the server.

One of the email apps on my phone is not updated anymore except for bug
fixes and to make it compatible with the next version of Android. The
last update was this past January. I have uninstalled this and installed
a different app.