[Users] How to open folder with the newest email selected Claws-Mail

Milan Obuch claws-mail-users at dino.sk
Mon Sep 12 07:20:52 UTC 2022

On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:08:20 +0600
Enan Ajmain <3nan.ajmain at gmail.com> wrote:

> In version 3.17 of Ubuntu 20.04, claws-mail (IMAP of GMail) opens a
> folder with the oldest unread email selected. How do I change this
> behavior so that the newest email (whether read or unread doesn't
> matter) is selected?

(Menu) Configuration -> Preferences... -> Display/Summaries -> (Tab)
Message list -> (Button) Set message selection when entering a folder

and remove every unwanted selection method from Current selection box,
leaving just 'newest mail in the list', which should do just what you
want, if I did understand you correctly :)

Regards,
Milan