[Users] Mail-editing in claws mail w/ external editor: remove dual-editing window

Jeremy Nicoll jn.ml.clwm.729 at letterboxes.org
Mon Sep 5 10:43:53 UTC 2022

On Sun, 4 Sep 2022, at 11:32, Carlo Federico Pauletti wrote:

> There is only one little thing that
> nonetheless annoys me: whenever I spawn a "compose" window (either when
> replying to a mail, or when writing a new one), there is a "claws-mail"
> compose window that gets spawned beside the terminal running NVIM. It
> seems just to be a "dead" window which just uselessly takes up space,
> until it suddently gets "populated" with the text edited in NVIM after
> I save and close its buffer.

If there's something recognisably unique about the "dead" window that a
screen-automation utility could see, you might be able to have an
automation script permanently running that moves such windows off the
visible desktop when they are first opened.

But unless (say) the "dead" window's window title changes once text is
dumped into it, it'd be hard to have the same utility bring it back into
view once it's populated.

(I've only used utilities of this sort [eg AutoHotKey] under Windows, so
don't know what the equivalent is for your OS.]

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.