[Users] how to darken Claws-mail windows?

Pierre A. pa.news at free.fr
Sun Sep 4 23:09:57 UTC 2022

> Finally I found something that had some effect:
>
> https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/4968/lightdark-theme-switcher/

This does the same as the command line:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme Adwaita-dark

or

in Gnome Tweaks > Appearance > Themes > Legacy Applications > Adwaita-dark

I have installed and tried other themes.

With Adwaita-dark and other themes, the problem is that Claws mail windows (not the compose window) alternate clear and dark lines, so that every other line is hardly readable.  This is a problem in principle : it can't work with only two colors, at least three are needed (one more for the script).

With the Mint-X theme the main window is overall gray but the compose window is still dazzling white.

I am still looking for a suitable theme.  I may also make my own.