[Users] Fw: Config files and portability

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Sun Sep 4 21:35:11 UTC 2022

On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 20:13:10 +0200
Carlo Federico Pauletti <carlofedep at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am glad to know that it is actually possible. I got initially
> discouraged by the fact that the settings contained in claws-mail's *rc
> files seem to be scattered and unorganized, and I (obviously) tend to
> keep track of my configs in a clean and organized way.

No, they are not scattered or unorganised (sic). And of course, you can
expect it to be possible, as it is obviously something that needs to
have happened several times on the developers' machines over the years, and
the users' too. I don't understand how a perceived disorganisation can lead
you to think that a backup/restore is not possible. ???

See this additional info regarding config versions, (which is shown in a
dialogue should you mix up the versions):

https://claws-mail.org/cvc.php

with regards

Paul