[Users] Blocked Access

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Fri Sep 2 19:26:16 UTC 2022

On Fri, 2 Sep 2022 14:28:11 -0400
Dan Arico <dan_arico at aricosystems.com> wrote:

> I did an upgrade from Ubuntu 20.04 to Ubuntu 20.04.1 and now I'm having
> problems with links in emails. This is the error message I keep getting.
>

> Access to the file was denied
>
> The file at /home/dan/.claws-mail/mimetmp/00000020.mimetmp.html is not
> readable.
>
>     It may have been removed, moved, or file permissions may be
>     preventing access.
>

> Does anyone know what this means?

For a start, you say "problems with links" but you are actually trying to
open an html attachment, not clicking a link.

It seems that your browser does not want to open a file in a dot folder
(~/.claws-mail/). Are you using firefox? I vaguely recall that it has
tightened up it's security settings regarding dot file and folders. (I guess
it thinks users don't know what they are doing.)

with regards

Paul