[Users] glib regex issue is stopping OAuth2 token update

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Tue Oct 18 11:47:54 UTC 2022

On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 06:09:47 -0500
Dan N <dhn2-linux at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:

> Here is the last part of the string from my test program that has the
> actual google server response data from the claws-mail internal
> buffer:
>
>  \n  \"expires_in\": 3599,\n  \"scope\":
> \"https://mail.google.com/\",\n  \"token_type\":
> \"Bearer\"\n}\r\np\247yVUU" ;
>
> Should there be anything after }\r\n    ?

I don't have a google account so I cannot give any comments on google
but you are right in assuming that what it shown after "}\r\n" is
garbage but why there is garbage could be caused by numerous problems:
1) Miscalculated body length in http header
2) Some kind of buffer overflod in the socket library
3) A message construction failure on the server side
4) Something completely different

Since Microsoft mail servers has the same behaviour I think we can rule
out 3) but since the fix handles all possible error scenarios
gracefully I would not waste much more time on this since it is
impossible to replicate the error state (I have had an instance of
claws running for a couple of hours logging debug output). I will
continue doing so for the rest of the day but if a see no wrong
behaviour and no claws error I will leave it as is.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xD3C9A00E
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE501F51C
mir <at> miras <dot> org
https://pgp.key-server.io/pks/lookup?search=0xE3E80917

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act.' -George Orwell

/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Talkers are no good doers.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"