[Users] glib regex issue is stopping OAuth2 token update

Dan N dhn2-linux at stanfordalumni.org
Tue Oct 18 11:09:47 UTC 2022

On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 11:23:50 +0200
Michael Rasmussen via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> Hi Dan N,
>
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2022 15:19:02 -0500
> Dan N <dhn2-linux at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
>
> The changes you proposed have now been push to master. Thank you for
> your contribution.

Glad to help.  I haven't had any token update failures since using my
workaround.

Something about the data returned from the google server still bothers me.  It
seems like the last 5-6 bytes shouldn't be there because they're past the end
of the json record.  I don't know if those bytes were sent by the server or if
the program kept going and read garbage into the response buffer.

Here is the last part of the string from my test program that has the actual
google server response data from the claws-mail internal buffer:

 \n  \"expires_in\": 3599,\n  \"scope\": \"https://mail.google.com/\",\n  \"token_type\": \"Bearer\"\n}\r\np\247yVUU" ;

Should there be anything after }\r\n    ?