[Users] Claws "hangs" with 100% CPU

claws at my-mail-box.net claws at my-mail-box.net
Wed Oct 12 14:22:59 UTC 2022

On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 09:45:50 +0200
Norwid Behrnd via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> > I realize that these are not terribly detailed
> > diagnostics. What more can I do to track this
> > issue down?
>
> @ Ph  Check if your installation of CM in Linux equally includes the
> file `~.claws-mail/claws.log`.  It is the program's record about
> interactions with the mail provider for the current/last session;
> however, it is overwritten when a new session of CM is started.  The
> next time CM stops, reading this monitor may help to identify the
> action/the event contributing to the problem/in process when the
> obstacle was encountered.  (The cause still may be elsewhere.)

Yes, that file is written. That's helpful, let's
see what we find there, next time this happens.
Thanks for the hint!

That being said: even IF there was something wrong
with one of the mail providers that made them temporarily
unavailable, I would consider it a bug in Claws to not
time out in a reasonable time.

Does the fact that these occurrences have become
more frequent after upgrading the distro gives us
any clues? Known weird interactions with one of the
underlying libraries, or so?

Best,

		Ph.

> Regards