[Users] TLS version(s) used in Claws Mail

Edward epp at caramail.com
Mon Oct 10 13:29:29 UTC 2022

On Mon, 12 Sep 2022 11:51:41 -0400
Edward <epp at caramail.com> wrote:

> One of my email providers has sent a message that beginning 5 October
> 2022, email clients using TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will be prohibited from
> connecting to their servers.
>
> I am trying to narrow down which client (either currently on desktop
> or mobile) could be using one of these older protocols.
>
> Does Claws Mail still use these, or does it now use TLS 1.2/1.3?
> Connections using 1.2 and 1.3 will continue to be allowed after that
> date.
>
> Thanks.

Wanted to followup on this. Since the change on 5 October, I've had no
issues whatsoever connecting to the provider's servers.

I believe the app that triggered the e-mail from them, was installed on
my Android (since deleted) that has only been updated for each new
Android version release, nothing in-between.