[Users] Renaming a "trash" folder

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Mon Oct 10 12:03:26 UTC 2022

On Sun, 9 Oct 2022 20:30:24 -0700
Geoffrey Leach <geoffleach.gl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I changed the folder type on a normal folder to "trash" Now the folder
> has taken over the position in the folder list previously occupied by
> the "standard" trash folder,  and its folder type can not be changed.
>
> Any way to revert to "normal" for this folder?

There must be a Trash folder always. That is why you can't change the Type of
the Trash folder. However, what you can do is make any other folder the Trash
folder, and then the current Trash folder would no longer be the Trash folder.

That is, you cannot change the folder Type of the current Trash folder
because that would mean there would be no Trash folder, but there must always
be a Trash folder, hence it is impossible to change the current Trash folder
Type.

with regards

Paul