[Users] With git branch use to install on Fedora

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Wed Nov 23 10:09:22 CET 2022

On Tue, 22 Nov 2022 21:57:16 +0100
"Jakub T. Jankiewicz" <jcubic at onet.pl> wrote:

> Which branch have the latest package that I can install on Fedora Xfce? I
> have Fedora 37.

You can install either the gtk3 version or the gtk2 version of Claws Mail on
Fedora. What desktop you've chosen is irrelevant.

> When installed from source (gtk2 branch) when trying to
> open Hacker Newsletter (from Hacker News) the application frozen. I
> needed to remove it and reinstall the Fedora package.

You need to provide some information here if you want any help at all. Like,
presumably the "newsletter" means an html part? What html rendering plugin
were you using, if any? Maybe you could share the offending message file
(off-list, sent using 'forward as attachment'). Whatever the answers,
removing one version and installing another is like using a hammer to crack a
nut and you needn't have done that.

with regards

Paul