[Users] How to configure for Yahoo mail

Edward epp at caramail.com
Sun Nov 20 16:25:46 CET 2022

On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 20:11:09 +0800
"Pierre A." <pa.news at free.fr> wrote:

> Trying again I get a connection error.
>
> In network log:
>
> [2022-11-20 19:58:14] IMAP> Logging jaydelacruz650 at yahoo.com to
> imap.mail.yahoo.com using XOAUTH2 [2022-11-20 19:58:19] IMAP<
> AUTHENTICATE Invalid credentials [2022-11-20 19:58:19] ** warning:
> IMAP error on imap.mail.yahoo.com: LOGIN error [2022-11-20 19:58:19]
> IMAP< Error logging in to imap.mail.yahoo.com
>

> So Yahoo uses XOAUTH2
>
> Indeed see Yahoo in Clwas mail XOAUTH2 menu
> what to put for client ID and client secret ?
>
> I guess the same as Gmail
> then I click on request passwd but https://api.login.yahoo.com/oauth2
> responds
>
> Uh Oh Looks like something went wrong please try again later

Since October 2020, Yahoo and AOL have required the use of either
OAuth2 or an app password to access Yahoo or AOL Mail email, using a
third-party application like Claws Mail.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html

https://help.aol.com/articles/Create-and-manage-app-password

The above pages have instructions on setting up an app password with
Yahoo and AOL, as well as how to revoke one, if necessary.

Hope this helps.