[Users] How to configure for Yahoo mail

Pierre A. pa.news at free.fr
Sun Nov 20 11:34:13 CET 2022

Hello,

I cannot use Claws mail with Yahoo IMAP.

Can somebody who uses Yahoo mail compare his settings with mine?

My main settings are:

basic
protocol IMAP Auto-configure
receiving imap.mail.yahoo.com
SMTP smtp.mail.yahoo.com
user ID  me at yahoo.com
password thewebmailpassword

receive
Automatic
TLS
IMAP use
SMTP use
Automatically accept

SMTP port 465 (grey)
IMAP port 993 (grey)

I have used this information https://ph.help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html

I have read somewhere about the requirement of an app password (distinct from user password in webmail) but requesting an app password in Yahoo Mail fails and iOS Mail works without app password, which might prove that no app password is necessary.

After rebuilding folder tree I get error:

connection to imap.mail.yahoo.com failed: login refused.

LOGIN login only work if libetpan has been compiled with SASL support and the LOGIN SASL plugin is installed.

I use Claws mail in Fedora, I don't have this plugin.

Thanks.