[Users] Building Claws from git source with gtk-2

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 14:59:10 CET 2022

>Can you provide step-by-step on compiling Claws GTK2 on a Mac please.

I realised the question was about git source, not the main release. In
this case download the GTK2 branch. You'll need to create a file at the
top level called "version" into which you put a version number using
text such as "echo 3.20" or whatever number you want to give your
compiled version.

You'll need to use autogen to start the build process. It will create
the configure script, but it won't know about any options you want to
exclude. So when it fails with missing dependencies you can re-run using
/configure --disable-archive-plugin --disable-dillo-plugin
--disable-notification-plugin . Then just proceed as in my previous
email.