[Users] Views keep getting changed on exit ?

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:54:29 UTC 2022

On Mon, 7 Nov 2022 15:33:59 +0600
Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing I had forgotten about was that this issue only shows up for
> me when I exit Claws (CM) with the message view hidden. I thought I
> would look into this in more detail for two of my systems and include
> some information here in case it is helpful for anyone to understand
> what may be going on.

DM: Does anyone have any ideas about one or more potentially useful
tools for trying to find out what CM and/or my system are doing
'behind-the-scenes' when CM is starting, running, and exiting? Would
compiling CM w/ debug symbols and running it with gdb be an option?
Something else? I've been looking at my system logs, as well as poking
around the internet for ideas, but haven't found anything that seems
useful. There is the GTK interactive debugger that can be used for a
specific GTK program, but I'm not sure that would be useful here. Is
there any type of tool / log that would specifically focus on all GTK3
events / activities on the system, regardless of the application? I
thought that type of thing might be helpful in showing any interactions
or conflicts between CM and the distro / DE / theme / etc. ---Dustin