[Users] Building Claws on Win32 (Again)

Rosemary Lockie wishful99 at btinternet.com
Mon May 23 06:50:11 CEST 2022

On Sun, 22 May 2022 04:06:15 -0700.
Jonathan Boeing <jonathan at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 22 May 2022 11:22:23 +0100
> Rosemary Lockie via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
> > My problem now is that when I resume MAKE, it can't find the
> > appropriate makefile in the webkitgtk-2.4.11-build directory. I'm
> > assuming this is because the webkitgtk configure script failed to
> > complete, and therefore I have to tell it somehow to run the script
> > again... Could you advise me please on how do do that?
> From the root of the Claws installer directory, run:
>
> rm -rf ./src/playground/build/webkit*
> rm -r ./src/playground/install/pkgs/webkit*
> rm ./src/stamps/stamp-webkit*
>
> and then rerun make.

Jonathan,

Many thanks for that! I've been a software developer for many a year, but this is my
first foray into Linux-type development, so am unfamiliar with debugging in that
environment.

My attempt to MAKE webkitgtk-2.4.11 has ground to a halt at a later stage, but I will try
to work out for myself what I need to do next.

In the meantime, could you please tell me how the build decides whether to use gtk2 or
gtk3? Is it the presence, or absence of the gtk-3-examples package?

Thanks again for all your help. :)

Kind Regards,
Rosemary Lockie