[Users] (FreeBSD) Claws Mail PGP/GPG Plugin - "No such file or directory" Error

Hunter Ellett hunter2k1 at disroot.org
Sun May 8 01:13:00 UTC 2022

Hello Claws Mail users,

I'm having an issue with the GPG plugin for Claws Mail that
prevents me from sending any signed messages. I have a good key and have
the plugin set to the default (and only) key I have, but I get the
following error:

>Could not queue message for sending:
>
>Signature failed: Data signing failed, No such file or directory

And I'm not sure what is causing it. I tried launching from the
terminal, but this doesn't give me any errors pertaining to GPG. I've
looked around on the internet and a similar problem appeared to be
caused by the GPG_TTY variable not being set, so I tried to set
"GPG_TTY=tty" but still get the same error.

Does anyone know what directory Claws Mail must be looking for that
doesn't exist, how to change it, or perhaps its some other problem
altogether? Thanks.

--
~ Hunter