[Users] BONUS! Re: Gtk warnings when launching Claws Mail from a terminal window in KDE

Sat May 7 11:49:17 UTC 2022

On Sat, 7 May 2022 12:13:45 +0200,
Slavko<linux at slavino.sk> wrote:

>Ahoj,
>
>Dňa Fri, 6 May 2022 10:08:25 -0400 Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com>
>napísal:
>
>> On Fri, 6 May 2022 09:04:15 +0100 Brad Rogers wrote:
>>
>> No longer losing colors was a pleasant surprise.
>
>It is very long time ago when i choose GTK theme, i used Clearlooks,
>then Phoenix, but both are gone (at least they was at particular time).
>Recently i stay with Adwaita, as default GTK theme for which i
>expected, that it will work with all GTK apps, but seems to not best
>for CM.
>
>Please, can someone suggest me GTK3 theme, which works with CM (eg. no
>color lost) and do not looks very ugly (decent colors, decent sizes,
>etc). I remember how bothering (and time consuming) it was in times
>when i select Clearlooks and i want to minimize themes list.

I am also a fan of the ClearLooks theme, and it indeed is very
problematic nowadays - both upstream and in Debian.

So much, that I have made a fork and done some fixes to make Claws-mail
work a bit better with it.

Feel free to try it out:
https://github.com/gusnan/clearlooks-new

(It's not very much production ready, but good enough for me, it still
got some problems which seems hard to fix).

But it got fixes that is only available in MR's / issues in the
original clearlooks-phenix.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists at gusnan.se
andreas at ronnquist.net