[Users] problem when using snap packaged HTML viewer, how to change Claws mail directory?

Pierre A. pa.news at free.fr
Tue May 3 11:17:11 UTC 2022

Hello,

I have just upgraded to Claws mail 4.0.0 and Ubuntu 22.04.  I would like to use Firefox to view HTML mail.

Firefox is now available only as Snap package, which does not want to open any "hidden" file (with leading dot in any name component), like Claws mail files ~/.claws-mail/*.

More on this here:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1372005/in-ubuntu-21-10-firefox-and-chromium-cannot-open-file-in-hidden-directory

In order to use snap packaged program on Claws mail files, one possible workaround would be to put Claws mail files in a non hidden directory, like  ~/claws-mail (no dot).

How to do this?

Any other workaround ?

Best regards.