[Users] OAUTH2 Authorisation Status

wishful99 at btinternet.com wishful99 at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 31 08:12:54 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I've been using Claws with OAuth2 enabled successfully for the last 7 days.

This morning it reported an Error condidtion, and (from the log) that:

[quote]
* OAuth2 obtaining access token using refresh token
* OAuth2 access token not obtained
* OAuth2 access token not obtained
* Account '********@gmail.com': Connecting to POP3 server: pop.gmail.com:995...
[endquote]

So I can confirm what is suggested in the FAQ,
https://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Oauth2

[Note 3: " Regarding "Publishing status"" ... that is, that Authorisation with Testing
Status apparently only lasts for seven days. ]

FWIW, I discovered the way round it is to get another Authorisation Code, so maybe all is
well, for the next 7 days...

Has this been others' expeerience, please?

Kind Regards,
Rosemary Lockie