[Users] secure email providers

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Tue Mar 29 15:57:50 UTC 2022

Hello,

in a recent time there were several threads rleated to Gmail-security, OAuth2
etc. and, personally, I want to minimize my usage of Gmail just for the needs
in regard to Androidp phone. This is how I've become a bit involved looking at
several "secure email providers". Opened acocunt @tutanota.com and testing
mailbox.org.

Tutanota has nice features, but one has to use their "apps", no support for
external editor etc.

Mailbxox.org does provide IMAP support, but big question with both is that one
should trust their servers for **all* email...

Both providers do offer support for contacts/calendars, but ocnsidering I'm
using my own server with custom domain ,accessing with https, probably I should
not be too concerned, but I'm interested what Claws-mail users think about
their usage for email, if one uses custom domain, TLS etc.?

One feature which might be appropriate is to use one of
those providers' email  with some cheap paln to use it for subscribing
to many newsletters...any better solution for that purpose?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who restrains the senses of action but whose mind dwells on
sense objects certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender.