[Users] OAUTH: Figuring out where I went wrong ( step by step )

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 12:29:55 UTC 2022

On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 06:55:05 -0500
"c. marlow" <claws at cwm030.com> wrote:

> I just resat up Oauth in Claws:
>
> Deleted the password out of the password box and hit APPLY
>
> Re copied the the Client ID and Secret, and pasted them into their
> right spots in Claws
>
> then hit the authorize button... Copied and pasted that code into
> claws
>
> Hit apply
>
> I then went back to Google's API site and changed the API from TESTING
> to IN PRODUCTION.

DM: I'm curious how you did this. The only way I could figure out how
to do it was by clicking on 'Publish App'. And it seemed like things
wouldn't work unless / until Google actually verified the app. But I
could have missed something somewhere.

> For some reason its like Google API only lets me use the " secret
> password" for x amount of time and then Google sees it as a bad
> password. And I then have to repeat the OAUTH steps again to get my
> account to work for a little while ...

DM: In some of the Google documentation related to the Testing status,
it says that the authentication will only be good for a week, but not
sure if that's related to how quickly yours is expiring or not.

> I am hoping that switching the API to IN PRODUCTION solves my problem.
>
> Now, I just need to close Claws and let a hour or two pass and then
> open Claws again.. if I get a INVALID CREDENTIALS error then
> everything that I did above was done in vain.

DM: Hope it will work this time for you, but I have my doubts. I've run
into my own problem with an account I'm trying to set up, but I'll put
that in a separate post. ---Dustin