[Users] OAUTH: Figuring out where I went wrong ( step by step )

c. marlow claws at cwm030.com
Fri Mar 25 11:55:05 UTC 2022

Dustin:

I just resat up Oauth in Claws:

Deleted the password out of the password box and hit APPLY

Re copied the the Client ID and Secret, and pasted them into their
right spots in Claws

then hit the authorize button... Copied and pasted that code into claws

Hit apply

I then went back to Google's API site and changed the API from TESTING
to IN PRODUCTION.

For some reason its like Google API only lets me use the " secret
password" for x amount of time and then Google sees it as a bad
password. And I then have to repeat the OAUTH steps again to get my
account to work for a little while or just switch to using a 2 step
password which always works without a problem.

I am hoping that switching the API to IN PRODUCTION solves my problem.

Now, I just need to close Claws and let a hour or two pass and then
open Claws again.. if I get a INVALID CREDENTIALS error then everything
that I did above was done in vain.

Thanks,
Chris

Please send ALL off list messages to Chris at CWM030.com

Claws 4.0.0
Fedora 35
Gnome 3