[Users] Help with supplying App Domain for OAuth2

Leon Fisk lfiskgr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:57:27 UTC 2022

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 16:35:49 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 11:55:45 -0400
>Leon Fisk <lfiskgr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> All the big hosting companies are snooping in your
>> email and whatever else you do via there services.
>
>If all big hosting companies are snooping in your email, (and it's not
>certain that they /all/ are), how about using a little hosting company?

Hi Paul,

I was with a little company for years. My ISP at the time. They got out
of email hosting. I could choose to pay and keep my email address with
them but it would be hosted through M$. Pay a bit more and you could
get the M$ bundle of apps and services too :(

I already had an association with Google, long ago I signed up to
comment on a bug reporting site they were hosting...

A lot of the smaller providers get spam binned at Gmail. I quite often
have to mark stuff as not spam via Gmail Web access that come in to
this mailing list here. Which means a whole bunch of email is being
flagged as spam coming from these smaller providers. Is it really a good
idea to use a small email provider that is being flagged as spam by the
big providers Gmail, M$...

I don't like this, nor agree with what is happening.  But having my
sent email flagged as spam because I'm using a small provider isn't not
a good choice for me.

--
Leon
Claws 3.18.0, Debian