[Users] Help with supplying App Domain for OAuth2

Richard lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net
Thu Mar 24 16:07:46 UTC 2022

> Date: Thursday, March 24, 2022 11:55:45 -0400
> From: Leon Fisk <lfiskgr at gmail.com>
>
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:34:30 +0000
> Richard <lists-claws at listmail.innovate.net> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> One note on app passwords ... if you change your google password
>> for some reason the app passwords are deleted.
>
> Thanks for the reply and confirmation :)
>
> I recently bought a mobile phone. So two-factor shouldn't be quite
> so cumbersome to implement.
>
> I STRONGLY dislike what Google is doing but they're the thousand
> pound gorilla, not me. All the big hosting companies are snooping
> in your email and whatever else you do via there services. It's a
> matter of choosing your poison if you want to use these services
> nowadays...

I had actually thought that google was already enforcing the use of
app passwords, but seemingly not for another month.

Both yahoo and m$ are doing this too on the services that they run.
With local exchange servers the administrator can turn off app
password support and require OAuth now. There are hints that m$ is
going to remove the app password support/option from the exchange
server releases later this fall so that local exchange server users
will be forced to OAuth. It's possible that m$ is pulling app
passwords from the mail services they run too, but that seems a bit
less clear.