[Users] 2 questions

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 16:12:27 CET 2022

On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 12:44:53 -0000, Paul wrote:
>On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 09:01:14 +0100
>Ralf Mardorf via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
>> I don't know how Claws plugins treat HTML mails, since I strictly use
>> plain text only.
>
>That's no reason not to know. There is an option explicitly for users
>who do not use one the HTML rendering plugins, (which, it seems,
>includes you): 'Render HTML messages as text'.

Hi,

that's what I'm actually using, hence the font is always the one
selected by Configurations > Preferences...> Display > Fonts > Message,
but I still don't know how the HTML plugins treat fonts defined by the
HTML code of an email, especially those that aren't installed and more
specific, when those fonts don't belong to a font family. My point is,
that answering the question, if it is a claws specific setting is, that
_it depends_.

The full quote of that part of my reply: "if you write or read HTML
mails, the font is set by the HTML code. If this font isn't installed
on another system, then another font is used. It might be another font
from the same font family or a completely different font.

I don't know how Claws plugins treat HTML mails, since I strictly use
plain text only.

You can set the fonts used by Claws by Configurations > Preferences...>
Display > Fonts."

Regards,
Ralf