[Users] Sending to some who has a gmail account.

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Sat Mar 12 19:13:45 CET 2022

Dňa 12. marca 2022 17:29:00 UTC používateľ Scott Lair <scott at laircpa.com> napísal:
>On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 23:14:32 +0100
>Michael Rasmussen via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
>> If you host your own mail server or have out sourced to a mail service
>> provider this mail server needs these for google/gmail to accept mail
>> from you:
>> 1) Reverse DNS
>> 2) TLS >= 1.2
>> 3) SPF
>> 4) DKIM
>> 5) DMARC
>>

>Hi Michael,
>
>I too run my own mail server. Google has not rejected my mail, but
>sometimes it does go the the spam bucket. Wondering if you have a guide
>or can link me to some guides on how to accomplish steps 1-5 above. I've
>done some steps, but would like to make sure as many are working as
>possible.

I can help wirh steps 3 & 5, steps 1, 2 & 4 more or less depends on used MTA. But as
this is OT here and doing it over email is slow, only if you are willing/able to use
XMPP or IRC. If yes, contact me off list.

Anyway, there is plenty articles over Internet about these, ask some search engine.
You still have to do some decisions by self, thus you have to learn some basics,
at least about SPF & DMARC, before you start to use them, as my decisions can be
not good for you.

Slavko