[Users] Sending to some who has a gmail account.

Abrolag abrolag at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 12 09:41:24 CET 2022

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 14:23:50 -0800
Geoffrey Leach <geoff at hughes.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 21:18:40 +0000
>Abrolag <abrolag at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 21:03:24 +0000
>> Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

>> >Without you telling us what the rejection message says it's difficult
>> >to know why this is happening. There is a lot going on during an MTA
>> >transaction.
>> >
>> host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [108.177.15.27]
>>     SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
>>     550-5.7.26 This message does not have authentication information
>> or fails to 550-5.7.26 pass authentication checks. To best protect
>> our users from spam, the 550-5.7.26 message has been blocked. Please
>> visit 550-5.7.26
>> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more
>> 550 5.7.26 information.
>> u14-20020adfed4e000000b001ef5ac5e851si5283155wro.647 - gsmtp
>>

>Is it possible that this email has tripped across Gmail's  'less secure
>app access' configuration? Basically, it appears that gmail looks at
>the app that is sending the email and/or how the email app is doing
>authentication and says that you can allow it, but only for a couple of
>months. For example, claws-mail does not conform (at least with my
>configuration).

I do use Claws - and have done so exclusively since it forked from sylpheed. I
also don't use *any* google 'services'. However, I've tried sending an email
via my sourceforge account and haven't (yet) seen a rejection notice, nor heard
back from the person I emailed. I'll also investigate further.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

--
Basic