[Users] Sending to some who has a gmail account.

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Sat Mar 12 00:24:10 CET 2022

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 23:14:32 +0100
Michael Rasmussen via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 21:18:40 +0000
> Abrolag <abrolag at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> > host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [108.177.15.27]
> >     SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
> >     550-5.7.26 This message does not have authentication information
> > or fails to 550-5.7.26 pass authentication checks. To best protect
> > our users from spam, the 550-5.7.26 message has been blocked. Please
> > visit 550-5.7.26
> > https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more
> > 550 5.7.26 information.
> > u14-20020adfed4e000000b001ef5ac5e851si5283155wro.647 - gsmtp
> >
> If you host your own mail server or have out sourced to a mail service
> provider this mail server needs these for google/gmail to accept mail
> from you:
> 1) Reverse DNS
> 2) TLS >= 1.2
> 3) SPF
> 4) DKIM
> 5) DMARC
>
> I host my own mail server which applies to requirements listed above
> and my emails to gmail account are never rejected.

Michael summation is true. By implementing the above, Google is trying to
better secure email and is attempting to eliminate as as much SPAM as
possible within the current limits of technology. (Which is still not enough).

The hosting service I use provides the tools to create the mail protocols and
records necessary to implement all of the above with a reasonable amount of
setup.

I have no issues with gmail and claws working together.

Regards,
Lyle

--
73   NM6Y