[Users] Gmail 'less secure app access'

Jigme Datse jigme.datse at datsemultimedia.com
Thu Mar 10 20:42:25 CET 2022

On Thu, 10 Mar 2022 12:18:09 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Mar 2022 20:52:09 -0600
> lmfrm <lmfrm at nanogroup.xyz> wrote:
>
> > It's important to boycott such monopolies and flock to
> > alternatives, if not to let Google die off, to save what little
> > privacy and security you have.
>
> +1
>
> with regards

My response to this is pretty much the same.  If I can't realistically
make Claws Mail work (yeah two factor authentication, great I don't
have a cell phone and certainly not a smart phone and I'm sure many
will tell me various versions of, "yeah you can make it work" from
people who haven't tried actually making it work) then it will be just
a couple of my accounts being inaccessible, and in that case (if I
understand correctly) Google "close your account due to inactivity" (I
get messages of that sort to accounts that I have told them to delete
all references to, the "The database doesn't allow it" argument won't
fly with me, because while I may not be able to *delete* records, I can
always delete the content of the records...).  Sorry... ranty...