[Users] Displaying HTML - Enhancement request

H.Merijn Brand linux at tux.freedom.nl
Wed Jun 22 07:00:54 UTC 2022

On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 09:38:35 +0600, Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jun 2022 19:44:45 -0400
> Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 09:19:39 +1000 Peter Richards wrote:
> >
> > > ... when I want to view HTML I press the 'text/html' button on the
> > >bottom right hand side with the right mouse button. This opens a
> > >dialogue box and I use "Open with .." , which then shows a dropdown
> > >list of options.
> > >
> > >As "firefox -private-window %s" is always selected, is it possible to
> > >add an enhancement and provide a 'remember' option please ?
> >
> > Configuration->Preferences->Message View->External Programs:
> >   Web browser:  [path]firefox --new-window '%s'
> >
> > Then, either:
> >   Click on text/html icon on right side, and type "l" (lowercase L)
> > or (faster):
> >   Double-click on same icon.

> DM: What I do and what is slightly faster (if it works for your
> personal situation) is to configure the Claws settings so that if there
> is a text/html part it is automatically selected. Then all you have to

Hmm, that defeats the fact that HTML mail should die and be illegal with
high punishments for the sender.

I have bound Shift-Ctrl-D to an action that removes HTML and disclaimers
from the current mail. Quite a relief.

--
H.Merijn Brand  https://tux.nl   Perl Monger   http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using perl5.00307 .. 5.35        porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and Linux