[Users] Displaying HTML - Enhancement request

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 03:38:35 UTC 2022

On Tue, 21 Jun 2022 19:44:45 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 09:19:39 +1000 Peter Richards wrote:
>
> > ... when I want to view HTML I press the 'text/html' button on the
> >bottom right hand side with the right mouse button. This opens a
> >dialogue box and I use "Open with .." , which then shows a dropdown
> >list of options.
> >
> >As "firefox -private-window %s" is always selected, is it possible to
> >add an enhancement and provide a 'remember' option please ?
>
> Configuration->Preferences->Message View->External Programs:
>   Web browser:  [path]firefox --new-window '%s'
>
> Then, either:
>   Click on text/html icon on right side, and type "l" (lowercase L)
> or (faster):
>   Double-click on same icon.

DM: What I do and what is slightly faster (if it works for your
personal situation) is to configure the Claws settings so that if there
is a text/html part it is automatically selected. Then all you have to
do is type "l" (lowercase L) (the default hot key for the relevant menu
item, or whatever else you may have changed it to). Also, even if you
don't specify the web browser in the settings (as mentioned above), the
Claws default is to use whatever your default browser is in your system
settings. ---Dustin