[Users] A hearty endorsement of Posteo as an email server.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jun 20 01:08:52 CET 2022

On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 13:40:21 -0400
slitt at troubleshooters.com wrote:

<SNIP>

> The minute I heard about Gmail's OATH2 on the Claws list (thank you
> for that), I went out and bought a mail account from Posteo.de for
> one Euro per month, changed all my various accounts to use my posteo
> address, and it's been working out great. For twelve Euros per month

  Uh, did you mean 12 Euros per year???

> I've avoided the whole OATH2 thing, and need no changes to Claws-Mail
> or any other software.
>
> SteveT

The "troubleshooters" name seems singularly appropriate!  Trouble
(aka gmail) has just been shot dead from my pov.  I just set myself
up an account with posteo and added a posteo account to my claws-mail
client.  Everything worked easily and seamlessly.  What a *relief*!!!

I have deleted my gmail account from claws-mail.

I figure €12.00 per year is a very reasonable price to pay for escaping
from the tentacles of Google.  That amount should be readily affordable
by anyone who can afford a computer and an internet connection.

Everybody!  Switch to Posteo (go to posteo.de) and thereby eliminate
the spamming of this list with endless and incomprehensible
discussions of OAuth2, app passwords, 2 factor authentication and
whatever else.

Thanks very much to SteveT for the pointer to Posteo.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow