[Users] 3rd try: Claws Mail has stopped working

Jonathan Boeing jonathan at claws-mail.org
Sat Jun 11 22:17:34 UTC 2022

On Sat, 11 Jun 2022 14:55:13 -0700
sgeneris at comcast.net wrote:

> > I fixed the permissions, please try downloading again.
>
> Did. Thanx.
>
> > The zip file is a full build of Claws.  You can just extract it and
> > run from the extracted folder.  No need to install, copy files, or
> > overwrite anything.
>
> Well, I have CM installed in a specific folder with the data stored
> on anoter partition so I gotta run it from that folder. Can I jost
> copy the files over the installed ones?

You can, but you don't need to.  The Claws config files are stored
separately from the program files.  Unless you specify an alternate
config dir on the command line, Claws will load the settings from the
same directory (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Claws-mail)
regardless of where the program files are stored.

Regards,

Jonathan