[Users] Authorization error after setting up OAuth2

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 17:44:59 CET 2022

Hey there,

Leon Fisk wrote:

>My reluctance to using 2factor with Google was lack of a cell phone.
>That has since changed along with learning about Authentication Apps
>that don't need access to a net or phone connection.

I especially appreciated the part of your message where you mentioned
alternatives to having Google call or text your phone, especially
Linux alternatives. I don't like the idea of them reaching out to me
unless... of course... they were to offer me a job...

>By using an App Password you aren't exposing your main Google
>password by using another client, in this case Claws. If the App
>Password were to be compromised you could log into Google and cancel
>it. Create a new one and be good to go again.

I hadn't thought about it that way, but that makes sense.

>Google is trying to force everyone into using 2factor
>authentication...

I noticed that. It seems that every organization is starting to do
that. Give it another ten or twenty years and it will be 3-factor
authentication that we'll be needing to deal with.

>Good luck with this, you've always been helpful with questions and
>I'm grateful for it :)

Thanks. You, too, and it's a relief to have your method ready to go if
my current return to my completely-unchanged and oddly-stable
situation goes south.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.