[Users] Authorization error after setting up OAuth2

Leon Fisk lfiskgr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 12:56:51 CET 2022

On Thu, 2 Jun 2022 21:34:32 -0400
Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hey there,
>
>Leon Fisk wrote:
>
>>I enabled 2factor authentication for main Google login. Used a cell
>>phone number and Authentication app as second Auth methods. Then you
>>can create a new App Password which can be used just as we had been
>>doing with the Google login password. Has been working okay for
>>maybe a week now.
>
>Thank you for the detailed instructions. This looks like the method
>I'll end up having to use and I'm glad you've already tried it out
>and it's working.

My reluctance to using 2factor with Google was lack of a cell phone.
That has since changed along with learning about Authentication Apps
that don't need access to a net or phone connection.

By using an App Password you aren't exposing your main Google password
by using another client, in this case Claws. If the App Password were
to be compromised you could log into Google and cancel it. Create a new
one and be good to go again.

Google is trying to force everyone into using 2factor authentication...

Good luck with this, you've always been helpful with questions and I'm
grateful for it :)

--
Leon
Claws 3.19.0, Debian