[Users] Connecting unrelated messages to become a thread ?

Paul paul at claws-mail.org
Wed Jul 20 15:35:25 UTC 2022

On Wed, 20 Jul 2022 08:16:47 -0700
Viatrix via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> however the In-Reply-To field explicitly can specify multiple parents,
> so perhaps such a script should modify the In-Reply-To field instead of
> the References field?

What we are discussing here is modifying messages so that they will appear
threaded in Claws Mail, so the simplest approach should suffice. However, you
wouldn't use the In-Reply-To header /instead/ of but as well as the References
header: Appending the Message-ID to the References header, /and/ making the
Message-Id the value of In-Reply-To header.

with regards

Paul