[Users] From address tooltip (was Wrong email sender)

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 07:30:14 UTC 2022

On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 06:21:15 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 06:31:06 +0600
> Dustin Miller <dustbiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > This doesn't sound right to me.
>
> It was an observation. See for yourself.
>
> If you want to see this behaving differently, patches are welcome.
> https://www.claws-mail.org/devel.php

DM: Thanks for your input, Paul. Just for clarification, what would be
your definitive answer or opinion on the following questions?:

* 1. Is the 'offset' that some of us are observing with the tooltips
  something that is determined by the Claws code itself or by some
  other third-party software that it uses / depends on (i.e. GTK3)?

* 2. If it is determined by the Claws code itself, is the code written
  such that, regardless of the type of mouse cursor used, it is the
  location of the 'center' of the cursor that determines what item a
  tooltip is displayed for?

DM: I'm not totally certain one or both of the above questions make
sense or are the 'right' questions to be asking, but I'm just trying to
figure out the implications of your response above, since having this
clarified would help me and/or other users know how best to try to get
this changed if we decide to pursue it. Thanks, ---Dustin